Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

If it's not one thing...

Our last 3 days have been jam packed.

1st the happy news...

I'm so proud of Noah and the way he has adjusted to his "big boy" bed. It has been a very difficult couple of days for all of us. Friday night, Noah got about 9 hours of sleep from 10pm-7am. (Chris and I were patting ourselves on the back. :-)) Saturday night, Noah only got 6-7 hours of sleep. (Noah and I ended up having a non-slumber party from 1am to 5am...not as fun as it sounds) After Saturday night, we decided that maybe the big boy bed just wasn't for us and thought we would try the brilliant idea of turning around the crib so that the lower side of the crib faced the wall. (We really did think it was a great idea!) Well, apparently Noah didn't get the memo that the tall side was now unclimbable because it took him less than 1 minute to get out. Oh well. The big boy bed was back. Chris and I were ready to hold our ground on Sunday night. Noah did fantastic. It only took 10 minutes to get him to bed (He did wake up from 4am to 6am, but that wasn't his fault...more on that in the next paragraph), and tonight I didn't even have to go and put him back into his bed. I have no idea how much sleep we will get tonight, but I'm hopeful. Here is a picture from last weekend of our big boy. I'll post pictures of his new bed later. Right now I need to get some sleep.

Now for the other...

Abby is very sick and will be staying at the vet's office tonight. She started getting sick Sat evening and still hasn't stopped getting sick. The worst of it was probably Sunday night. (around 4am...see previous paragraph) I spent the morning with Abby at our vet's office, and they couldn't figure out what is wrong. After blood work, X-rays, an IV, and an anti nausea injection Noah and I went to pick our sweet dog up. Only an hour after we got home she continued to be just as sick if not worse than before. The vet will be doing a Barium swallow test tomorrow morning. (unless she is suddenly better) The scene when we dropped Abby off this evening was just as bad as last week. Noah actually made the receptionist tear up because he kept saying "Abby don't go" Then I started tearing up because he was so broken hearted. I offered Ice Cream, and he said, "No, I want Abby." It was horrible! We are hoping that Abby is okay. Noah even said a prayer for her before he went to bed. (without me prompting him) He truly loves that dog!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

That is awesome about Noah and his bed! It's tough at times, but give it another week and he'll feel soooo old!

I'm sorry to hear about Abby. I wonder if dogs can get human viruses. It seems that there is a human virus going around that sounds just like that, and it's everywhere, not just in TN. We'll pray for Abby as well. It is so tough to see one of your loved ones (hairy or not) sick and especially not know what is wrong!

Melissa said...

Hey Emily!
I just got my internet back, so this is the first time that I have been able to check your blog in a long time!! I can't believe that Noah is in a big boy bed!! Crazy! :)
Hopefully we will see you tomorrow. My precious children shared something very special with me....DOUBLE pink eye..Lovely! :)

The Davidsons said...

awww...that breaks my heart. Please keep us posted on Abby! I'm glad the bed is working out...I did not have any "bed advice" but I can tell you that you have a precious little boy...I'm sure you know that already! :)

Kissey said...

i found your blog through a friend. abby looks JUST like my roxy!