Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Can we say strong willed?

So...something has happened to my child in the last week. Noah now knows exactly what he wants and will make sure that you know if he is not getting it. Earlier this week, I was hoping that it was teething, but I really don't think so anymore. Short story... We went to the mall today with our new friends Kendall and her momma, Melissa. (By the way, it really was great fun.) Back to the story... I had to buy a new contour rug for the bathroom in the basement. I thought that Noah was being a good helper by carrying it for me. Well, (dramatic pause) when I had to take it away to let the person scan it, life for Noah was OVER. He produced tears and everything. I thought that I would be a strong mom and not give it back until he calmed down. If you can't tell, I'm new to this whole tantrum thing... So he got over his little yelling time (only minor embarrassment happened) and I gave it back. Noah is now attached to a toilet rug!!! We then walked through the mall with my little boy holding onto a toilet rug like it was his best friend. Melissa thought it was hilarious. I'm just glad that he fell asleep in the car on the way home so I didn't have to explain why he couldn't sleep with it.
We're calling for reinforcements!
Hurry up and get here Nana & Grandpa and Grammie!

1 comment:

Lee, Shea, Luke and Charlie said...

sorry to tell you, but it only gets worse. or it has for me anyway. i have a very opinionated and strong willed and VOCAL child. mine has been carrying around the same tupperware lid for a week, and forget trying to trade him something else! and the grandparents only make it worse (in my experience) because they cater to their every whim (but i guess that is their job!!)