Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

State Fair

Actual date: September 26th

When I was younger I loved going to the state fair. When my family lived in Jackson, I would go every year at least once and usually 2 or 3 times. As an adult, it isn't quite as much fun to eat food that will surely make you sick and ride rides that could fall apart at any moment, but Noah hasn't yet developed that cynicism. :-) So, when our friends, the Hollands, told us that they were going, and it was free admission and rides until 11am, Noah and I were there. (Chris was out of town that day.) Noah wasn't sure about the rides, but he couldn't resist the big red truck. He still talks about Emma being brave and riding "Nemo." After riding the carousel and the trucks, we headed down to the petting zoo. Now that was more Noah's style. He LOVED the petting zoo. They had a zebra, a camel, goats, a wallaby, an emu, a turkey, a snake, and a tortoise. He can still tell you all about each one and it has been about a month.

Pictures of Noah and Emma riding the "big red truck"
Doesn't Emma look cool in her shades?

I love this picture of Noah and the goats. He is bending down to talk to the goat. I guess you could call him a bit of a "close talker." :-)

No comments: